Friday 15 April 2011

Cartoon faces..

To bring my characters to life I experimented with facial expressions, only using eyes and the mouth to portray these feelings and the tone I wanted to set.

I drew out the tea cup and the biscuit with empty eyes, and scanned this image in, live traced it on illustrator, and tiled the image to have 9 to a page.




I added emotion to the eyes and a mouth, using a range of references as inspiration from other cartoons and illustrations. Again I scanned in the edited characters and live traced these in illustrator.






I am really pleased with the outcome once they were scanned and live traced. I also felt that I managed to portray a wide range of emotions, whether I'd be using them for that particular character or not, but as I haven't done any animation and little illustration of this kind before I felt it was really helpful to get as many emotions down as possible. Plus, I really enjoyed it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment