Tuesday 5 April 2011

Initial Storyboarding...

(I've just realised I can't spell story...)


I started brainstorming some of the main ideas which I was more strongly lead to by instinct... I liked the idea firstly of focusing on the old lady, but I felt the story was a bit dull and boring, and when thinking about it, I wasn't looking forward to drawing people, let alone old people...

So, I decided to focus on the cup of tea, rather than a person, as I could personify the tea with features such as eyes, a mouth, legs, arms...
Also, I felt that this kind of theme was more fun and had a better narrative starting to take shape...


This was my first initial idea for a story with the cup of tea. I have simply added eyes and a mouth to the mug and the biscuits to bring them to life....

I am going to experiment with different methods of how to create my animation...

Perhaps drawing them out using cell animation

or adding features to a real mug and using stop motion photography
however this could become difficult with the biscuits jumping and moving...I also feel it would be better as a cartoon like animation rather than realistic... 

I could potentially digitally create these characters like I have seen done before in other designers work, for example, in Flothmann's work, http://vimeo.com/16494997 



No comments:

Post a Comment