Saturday 26 February 2011

Getting Started...

At first I tried to use some images I already had an incorporate them into a poster. I used my images because I thought some of them were very strong photos in themselves, also as they reminded me a lot of natural forms, shells, flowers, coral, these things have and will be around for hundreds of years. They are also something that everybody knows of, loves and uses on a regular basis. I'd say almost everyone has a flower in their house, or perhaps a picture of a flower... Also, the individual petals in my images represent the number 100 - I haven't actually counted them but there must be a LOT of petals. 


I wasn't very happy with this piece, I tried using a simple font like GF Smith use (http://www.gfsmith.com/) in contrast with a busy image, but I just don't think it works that well. Although the image is busy, I feel the text gets lost, and I don't really feel the connection between the two... 




I tried another similar type of poster, using the same structure, but a different image from my final sculptural piece. Again I didn't like this poster at all, I felt the image was poor, the text was a bit crappy too. And I just didn't like it. 


Therefore, I am going to explore different options for this poster rather than using images from these paper flower manipulations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment