Friday 4 February 2011

Organic Form

In workshop 2 my structures seemed to come out looking VERY shell like! Which was good as I literally was just twisting and moving the slitted template around. Unfortunately I can't get to a beach to go and look at shells myself, so Google Images will have to help me out on that one.


The ribbed texture of the shell reminded me a lot of the template I have been using




These shells drawn by Jenny Jindrich really show the curves and organic natural nature which I'm inspired by. 


Whilst looking up shells I stumbled across these white glazed ceramic origami shells. 


At first I thought they were made out of paper, and seeing as I'd looked at origami was interested to make one myself. So I looked into actual shell origami to see whether I'd be able to have a crack at one. 


I came across this tutorial http://www.ehow.co.uk/video_4945272_origami-shell.html and attempted my own origami shell:




This one was really quite simple, but when i tired this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6MwAD1Tt2I, it was a lot harder and I failed. I got up to the assembly part, but then couldn't assemble it which was a shame. 



No comments:

Post a Comment